I was tagged by one of the other bloggers to list 5 things that many of you probably don’t know about me. Since the blog has been rather limited in scope, that shouldn’t be too difficult. Now, if only I can do this without embarrassing myself too much.
1. I am a hoarder. This excludes the old postcards, candles, pottery and other crap I actually “collect”. I save just about anything regardless of what it might be worth. I have old newspapers and clippings, birthday cards I received when I was in high school, old report cards, broken tools, books that I will never read again, old bills, you name it… …I save it. Living in a small bungalow is incredibly difficult because this curbs my propensity to save crap.
2. I have played the following parts in high school or college theater: The King of Siam, Judas, and Schroeder.
3. One of my favorite TV shows is Dawson’s Creek. Even my closest friends find this strange as I am somewhat of a media snob and usually need to be dragged to any movie produced by a major studio.
4. I love rainy days. When one comes along, I grab a beer, lie down on the couch, and partake in item 3 (It's either that or work on the house).
5. I am obsessed with my research on J. L. Silsbee. Some people may already know that I have been researching this architect for some time. What they might not know is that I begin and end the day with some sort of research on him. I also have a file cabinet where I have recreated his project files complete with no less than 350 folders; each filled with info I have collected. Pretty soon, I either need to get a book published or seek professional help.
I guess that wasn’t so bad. Now for my tags. I hope I am not copying anyone when I tag: Bungalow Insanity,Damn You Stickley Bungalow,Our Home Renovation, Fairmount Bungalow, and my "neighbor": Humphrey House,