Monday, August 04, 2008

More views from the garden

It is funny. Contrary to what I originally thought, our watermelon are actually producing fruit. We have 3 big ones and many smaller ones. I am still skeptical but it looks like we can harvest these in another couple weeks. Even though I haven't been paying too much attention to things garden-wise, all is looking good. We have a ton of tomatoes (it helps when you let them go wild all over your yard. I attepted to trim and stake them up this weekend. Hopefully these too will be ready in a couple weeks. We also have about 50 cucumbers and we are harvesting about 3-4 a day. We better get looking into those cucumber recipes.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I don't comment much on your blog, mainly bc I read it and then forget. This recipe looks delicious and I am going to try it. Especially since I have the bowls also!!! I need to get your cesar salad recipe you made at Thanksgiving from you. I have been craving it!!! Great garden

Carin

Our Little Bungalow said...

OOooooHHHH
I see it I see it!! I see de watermelon! :-)