The trim is officially done now. Because I wasn't replacing the roof, and couldn't get access, I ended up face-nailing the drip edge to the fascia instead of from the top to the plywood decking. I ran this under the 6" metal flashing that is under the roofing. It's not necessarily by the book but I think it will work fine - I am also not really sure I "needed" the drip edge but figure it was a belt & suspenders treatment for the soffit and couldn't hurt. Maybe I'll get the green painted in the next few weeks.
Note in the first photo that I inspired my neighbor to do work on his garage as well - and he didn't even get a citation from the village!