Sunday, April 26, 2009

Water water water

It has been raining off and on all weekend so I haven't been able to get as much work done as I had hoped. The initial goal was to set up shop outside but with the intermittent showers, I figured it wasn't the best idea.
Instead, I decided to finish some much-needed cleaning on the front porch and to take care of the water in the front of the house. Part of this work was getting up and cleaning out the gutters so that water actually goes down the downspouts as opposed to shooting out 10 feet in front of the house.
After cleaning the gutters, I decided to hook up a soaker hose to the front rain barrel. Hopefully this will make watering the front garden that much easier. It is a little obtrusive as it snakes in and out of the plants (and around my daughter's "decorative" stone and glass work) but I am sure it will disappear in no time. Since I was in the yard, I decided to throw a few plants in the ground as well.

No comments: