The week began simple enough with a small mosaic project I did with my daughter. She insisted on placing all of the pieces of glass herself and I helped by fishing them out of the concrete when she pushed a little too hard. It came out nice and looks great in the garden. It was also a very simple project to do. That's where the simplicity ended. Since it was a long weekend, I decided to take on some work with a friend helping at another person's house. This was a bit more ambitious than the plant moving going on at the Tiny Bungalow. New patios, planting areas, walkways and eventually a pergola are included there. It is almost done but we'll likely be working on it for at least another weekend. Once its finished, I'll post some photos.
Also, since I won't be free for the next few weeks, I had to find a little free time this weekend to get the garden in at the Tiny Bungalow and to start all of the container planting. In the back, the raspberries are looking great (hopefully we'll paint some new artwork out back in the near future). This weekend, we put in some tomatoes as well as pumpkins, cucumbers, and potatoes. We'll put in some basil later this week or next.Most of the garden looks pretty good except for a small area out front where I have put down some seed and just put in a hydrangea. Hopefully that will fill in by the end of June and stuff will start to flower. Until then, I'll be lucky if I have time to water the yard so I am not too worried.I put in a modified version of my clay pot Branchusi in the side yard. I hope to do something a little more elaborate out front later this summer.