Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Fourth of July from the OP

Nothing says "4th of July like the parade down our street in the OP. It is a slice of Mayberry, mixed with a little Woodstock (both the rock and the peaceful vibe) for good measure.Its been kinda crappy outside today so I've spent some time in the yard. I've done a lot of weeding, made a trellis for the peas, tied up a lot of plants and picked more raspberries ( a future post will have more on this)The plants look pretty good. The cone flowers are close to five feet tall (I'm 6-4 so you can see how insane they are this year). My daughter decided on a theme for the windows out back. When at lunch she exclaimed, "let's paint the windows with Sox and Cubs", I thought she was crazy. Then I realized she meant the windows out back and not the windows in the house. She did a vary good job and might be able to start painting these all by herself in the near future.

2 comments:

Kim said...

The windows look awesome! Great job, Sophie.

Andy said...

Go Southpaw!