Wednesday, November 09, 2011

A Bit More Than I Expected

I've been at the stripping and cleaning and re-staining thing for about two (long) weeks now and I will be putting the final coat of stain on the windows and window trim tomorrow morning.  There is a noticeable difference from where I started and I am glad I took this on.  I am not sure that I am doing the "best" job possible but I am happy with the outcome so far. 
I don't think I was prepared for how time-consuming this would be.  In addition to at least 6 hours a day on weekends, I spend about an hour and a half in the morning and then another two hours each night working on it.  The windows were certainly the worst part.  I re-stripped all of the frames and most of the tracks and stops (as best I could).  Luckily I have help on the weekends or I'd be woefully behind.   Now that I have the hang of it, I hope the dining room goes more quickly.  The photos don't really show what you see in person but they give a decent impression of how it is coming out. 

Here are a couple "update shots" of the completed staining in the living room:


No comments: