...thank God they were never painted. I feel like I've gotten nowhere. I've spent over 13 hours on the ceiling and am about half done. It is going to be an ugly week if I hope to complete it all by the weekend.
The "work" that was previously done on the woodwork at the ceiling is probably the worst in the room. It seems to make sense: it is not easy to get at and it has a lot of compound pieces so it is a bitch to work on. Below is an image of, on the right: a piece I already cleaned and stripped and on the left: a piece I haven't worked on. The difference is more remarkable than the cleaned wood in the living room.
Meanwhile, we've moved the dining table into the living room. I like the change so far.