Working so closely on the wood in the house, I have found tons of mistakes made by the original carpenters and POs. The hatchet job the PO did on removing all of the trim, "stripping" it and then bashing it back into place left many broken and splintered pieces of trim. I spent about two hours fixing one small section and wish I had the patience to do the entire house but it probably would extend this project to a 12 month project as opposed to a one month one. The glass doors to the cabinets were installed wrong - or better, they were each installed differently: one with the trim facing the inside of the cabinet and one facing outside. I never noticed this before so doubt others would as well. There are also some water stains here and there that I couldn't get out of the wood, no matter how much I bleached or sanded them.