Last week, the new shades arrived. We decided to do a plain cotton ecru shade from Handwerk Shade Shop. Everything arrived carefully wrapped and labeled. I created a small template out of cardboard to use to mount the hardware and went at it.
I started hanging the second shade and encountered a problem; the shade didn't fit. It seemed to only be off a little so I grabbed a hammer, took down the piece of hardware and tried to flatten it a bit. I put it back up and it still didn't fit. After about an hour of this, I compared this piece of hardware with the others. It was different. I then held it up to the shade and realized that it was the wrong piece and the shade wouldn't fit into it at all. I'll have to get Handwerks to send me another bracket. In the meantime, I ran to the store and got a substitute bracket to hold the shade for the time being. It still doesn't fit right but I am sure that with the correct bracket it will.
The character of the house is very different with the shades and I like it a lot. They block a lot more light than the shears. We'll have to get used to that. Also, at night, more light reflects off of them so the rooms feel a little brighter. We'll have to get used to that also.
Cottage Lace. My wife isn't in agreement so for now, I will just concentrate on getting the lighting and mural in order so that I can consider the living room and dining room projects "done".