Thursday, March 12, 2020

My work in preservation in the OP

I am sure that you can tell by this blog that I can get pretty passionate about preservation issues. Earlier this week, I was invited to be on a podcast that raises discussion about issues in the Oak Park community, hosted by Village Trustee, Dan Maroney.

I am always apprehensive of such things but I think Dan does a decent job at trying to raise issues and he's a good listener so I agreed. The podcast went public yesterday and hits on a lot of topics from this blog to my the city of Buffalo and why I find it inspiring to hot button issues facing Oak park homeowners and our community that relate to Historic Preservation.

If you have any interest in any of this, I hope you will take a listen:

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO PODCAST



5 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

Congratulations! BTW, I went through and caught up reading your past posts that I missed in my video gaming haze. Your house is looking gorgeous!

Chris said...

Thanks Sharon! I know its a bit hit or miss these days on the blog but I try and keep up every once in a while.

sharone said...

Are you happy with the Roycroft bronze green? I'm considering pairing it with birdseye maple for trim. My windows are Pella brick red. I'm in the scraping stage of my small bungalow and seriously considering this color combo. I'd love your input now that yours looks complete.

sharone said...

Are you happy with the Roycroft bronze green? I'm in the scraping stages of re-painting my small bungalow and seriously considering this color.

Chris said...

I love the Roycroft Bronze Green. I will do a post tomorrow because I've gotten more done on the front and it looks great. My only warning would be that since you already have a red, you should get a small sample of it and paint it next to the red. I initially had a cherry color for my trim and I HATED how they looked together to I opted to change my trim color. Hope your project goes well!