Monday, November 05, 2007

Work in the bedroom contiues on...

It is week 40-something in the bedroom renovation and I have finished the staining and finish of trim on three sides of the room. I am also at the half-way point of plaster-patching for the entire room. The progress is very slow-going. Bronchitis that effectively knocked out the entire family for two weeks also put a slight damper on progress in this room. If I can stop coughing and blowing my nose, I hope to finish the picture rail this week and then get back to work on the final wall (wood finish and plaster repair) this weekend. I really need to do something abut that ceiling fan too - the more wood that gets finished, the more ridiculous it looks.

2 comments:

Our Little Bungalow said...

Forgive me for I have been lax lately in reading houseblogs, but did you peel wallpaper off there? The walls look nice!
BTW....I am in favor of ceiling fans, just not white ones........
;-)

Chris said...

Yes, I used a razor blade to scrape it off - it came off very easily. I concur with the ceiling fan remark. I would love to find something that hugs the ceiling a bit more too.