Sunday, July 20, 2008

Adirondack Chairs - Part 2

Cutting, cutting, and more cutting. Overall, the cutting took about 2.5 hours. The templates were pretty good - except for one. There was one where two pieces were linked together, kind of like a yin and yang sign. Unfortunately, I am not that good with a jig saw and in order to get the tight corner, I had to ruin the "yin". I guess it is o.k. since there was enough wood left over to make it again.



Overall, there is a little more waste than I would have wanted. I guess for 12 good-sized pieces of wood, a small box of kindling isn't so bad though. I will likely have to wait another weekend before I can get to the next part of the work. Boy, I hope I can finish these before mid-August.
Stay tuned for the next post: Sanding, sanding, and more sanding.

No comments: