Monday, September 01, 2008

Garage trim finished (pretty much)

I woke up bright and early to get a start on the day. I began installing the new flashing around 7 and did a quick mock up of how the final flashing and drip edge combo will work. It went pretty quick and I was painting by 9:00. I had enough time to put two coats of paint on the trim and one coat on the trim of the garage door and was finished with work by 2:00 - wow, I might even get to enjoy the rest of the day! I'll save the rest (the green for the body o0f the garage and chocolate cherry for the doors) for another time.

I also came up with a "solution" for the screwy rotted paneling and vinyl siding. I ripped everything off at the doors and installed new wood and trim to look like short wainscoting. Yeah, it looks jacked up but it will do. Frankly, what's more jacked up is my 4 year old daughter insisted on helping. In addition to leaving large gobs of paint on the driveway and alley, she painted a hell of a lot more than just the trim. Hopefully this is the last major thing I have to do to the garage until spring.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looking good! I like that yellow.