Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A New Project

Part of my bargain with my wife, so that I wouldn't get any grief when I built the pergola (she was adamantly against that project), was that I would re-finish the basement bathroom in time for visitors that will be arriving in 10 days.
For a small room it is a somewhat ambitious job: new vanity and sink, new mirror, new shelves and bath accessories and new paint and flooring.  I started demo a while ago by removing the old flooring and the misc. existing accessories.

The floor was originally vinyl tile, glued down.  It came up pretty easily but the adhesive did not.  I purchased some adhesive remover and now await a day when the family is out of the house so I can finish the stripping and get the floor ready for a new concrete stain.







Another aspect of the room that I finally get to tackle is the door swing.  I have been bitching about it for years but have never done anything about it.  Down came the door.  Now I just need to figure out how to re-hang it.  

No comments: