Saturday, July 24, 2010

This is not a DIY Project



Though this looks like a new DIY project for an interior waterfall, it isn't.  We got some serious rains last night and were awoken early, very early, this morning to a basement filled with water.  The pretty part is that it was all backed-up water from the waste drains for the shower and back area drain.  Just my luck.  The one part of the Tiny Bungalow where I've fixed things up, the basement, gets trashed.  Right after I finish redecorating the bathroom too!  It's pretty much a total loss though I saved the computer and it looks like most my tools are fine, we lost furniture, toys, a lots of other stuff.  We are all safe and sound though so I won't complain... ...until I get the bill.

I'll try and follow up on this because I am sure some interesting stories will come from it.  More to come...

Update: In case you are interested in the rain totals, check out this map and list of rain totals. It is nice to see the OP is over-achieving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about this mess. I said the same thing in my head.... just when you finished the bathroom! Let us know what toys Sophie lost. We may not be able to help with furniture but maybe toys, videos, etc.

Becca said...

That stinks. We've been drying out our basement all day. Even my wedding dress got wet but I think it will be okay. On the upside, 12 hours later and our basement hasn't been this clean since we moved in five years ago! I wish you a speedy clean up.

Andy said...

Total bummer...I know the feeling, as my basement flooded a month or so ago after I had put down my laminate floor. Fortunately, I bought the clearance stuff...