I spent the last couple days continuing my work on the back yard. Most of the work was cleaning up debris from last weeeks' project and from dismantling the old compost area. I cut some new planting beds in the back yard and used soil from the compost area to fill in.
I was finally able to put down the pea gravel around the planting beds. It really neatens things up quite a bit. Also, I had some good luck the other day as some friends let me know of another friend that was leaving town and wanted to get rid of their rain barrel. This is awesome because I'll be able to have a barrel in the garden, where I need the water but bad as it creates a new project: I need to add gutters to the garage to direct the water to the barrel.