Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day...

...or as I like to call it, "grass removal day".  Every year, I take another bite out of the grassy area in the front yard.  I spent a good part of the morning digging out about 18" of additional planting bed in the front and in the parkway.

I added a few more pathways through the planting beds and moved around a few of the plants.  It is supposed to be pretty hot the next few days so I'll have to take pretty good care of them.


They look pretty good but I have plenty of years of doing this before I've eradicated all of the lawn area.
I am loving the flea bane out front.  I've spent several years trying to get it to grow in one area and it has gone a little crazy.  It is well over four feet tall now and looks pretty great.
The back yard garden is progressing well also except for a couple small problems:  the tomatoes are having some white fly issues and the peas are getting eaten.
The culprit is a tiny bunny.  It seems to be a loner, which is fine and better than when we have three or four attacking the various beds at once.
The red lettuce seems to be doing the best.  The color is great and after only a couple of weeks, it is almost ready to cut for salads.

No comments: