Wednesday, October 23, 2019

More Siding Restoration Work

I really should post on this thing more than once a year. Actually, I really should work on the house more than once a year but life being as it is, I just haven't had the time. Hopefully that will change in the coming year. 
 This [ast spring I was able to finish all of the painting on the front of the house (except the front gable). We will be hiring out the gable work because it is just too precarious for me and I don't want to take any chances.
I also tackled the south side of the house. This side is by far the worst in terms of condition. This is where the flashing from the roof went behind the fascia so there was quite a bit of damage. The scraping and sanding was extensive.   

There was also a tiny bit of carpentry work required on this side. When the PO installed the siding, they removed the piece of trim above the bottom board on the bay. I replaced that with a new piece of trim.



It was great to "turn the corner" on the painting and it is looking great. I should be able to finish this side and maybe even get a bit of the north side done before the snow starts flying. Crossing my fingers for some good weather this weekend!


No comments: