Sunday, January 06, 2008

A little reprieve

Today I finally got around to he yard work that I meant to do last November. It went up to 60 in Chicagoland, giving us a bit of a reprieve from the winter.

I raked the front lawn, put away the rain barrels, put away our tiki torches, grill, and patio umbrella, I planted bulbs and plants (I have little hope that this will be successful but I did it none the less), I cut back all the perennials and lugged everything to the compost heap. The only thing I didn't get to was cleaning the garage. I guess that will have to wait for the next 60 degree day in January.

I am a bit tired and despite of the weather I am still in the spirit so I think I'll be leaving the Christmas lights up for one more week.


2 comments:

Sandy said...

A lot accomplished in just one day!

Jennifer said...

I planted bulbs in Colorado a few years ago about this time... I also thought there was no change, but they all came up! Here's hoping yours do, too!