I finished the toe molding in the bedroom yesterday. It is odd. The photos suggest that there is a radical difference between the color of the molding and the baseboard. In actuality it's not that different. We used 3/4" quarter round for the molding. This is the size that was there. No, I did not strip the original and replace it - too much of it got ruined in the demo and there were still about a thousand staples per foot in that stuff - it looked like crap.
It is amazing how "finished" this makes the room seem. It also brings attention to all the little things I need to do - like touching up the paint at the edge of the plaster and cleaning the floors and baseboards (there is still some residue from when I washed down the plaster). There is also a splotch where I spilled some stripper and I need to fix that somehow. I figure I can hold off the cleaning and touch-up until the very end.
I put a coat of Cabot's "cherry" stain on the table. It is looking nice. I am going to finish it with a few coats of wipe-on poly and I'll then put on the top. The little gap is still bothering me - I may take it apart once more and try to re-align it but my smarter side is saying leave well enough alone. Hmmmm.