The second day was a moving day. I spent a good chunk of time getting all of the soil out of our concrete sink and then lugging the sucker across the yard. I then moved some plants around it and added some sod. this is ironic since I typically loathe grass. Hopefully it perks up. I am not so sure putting it in on a 90 degree day was a great idea. We just need to get some new flowers for the sink and I think this part of the yard is pretty much done. I can always move some more plants to this part of the yard at the end of the summer.
Hopefully I can make some headway on the new patio area tomorrow. Now that the sink is gone, my repair work for the garage is a lot more apparent. First things first though, I'd like to get the patio and pergola done.
I also promised an update on the hollyhock. The sucker seems to grow a good 6" each day. I put our rake next to it for scale - it is about 4'-6" tall. The peas are looking pretty good too.
We also had a pretty cool visitor out front today. A nice swallowtail (and countess other smaller butterflies) have been hanging out.