Friday, April 01, 2011

The Defibrillator

I feel like I was on a Food TV show yesterday.  You know, one of those shows that features an overweight guy trying to jam a thousand pound sausage or three foot wide pizza or gallon-ice cream sundae into his gut in ten minutes.  My episode happened at my cousin's restaurant in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State.  Dugan's Country Grill is a diner/greasy spoon type place with above average food and personality and this was my first time visiting it.  I wasn't there when they were serving their famous fish fry or prime rib dinner but I couldn't resist ordering something from the menu called the "Defibrillator".  To call it a  "burger" is one of the biggest understatements there is.

The "sandwich" is two beef patties, four slices of cheese, bacon and eggs served on grilled sourdough bread.  You can get it with a side of fries or macaroni salad.  I got the macaroni salad but only ate a few spoon-fulls.  It wasn't that it didn't taste good but after finishing the awesome burger, there just wasn't any room.  The defibrillator was awesome and spending time with my cousin Michael was an added bonus.  I strongly recommend the place to anyone that is in the area and has a taste for home-cooking on  a grand scale.  I can't wait to get back when they introduce their heart-stopping milkshake, "the Stint". 

No comments: